Please bring your own face mask to the Guest House.
The South African government requires masks to be worn in all public areas, restaurants, grocery stores, shops, and parks.
We can provide a single-use disposable mask for any guest needing one.
Please be aware that we will be asking all guests to undergo a contactless temperature check upon arrival and every morning during your stay with us.
All Guests will be required to complete an electronic medical and travel declaration form upon arrival as required by the South African government.
- An online check in facility will be sent on the day of arrival.
- All luggage will be disinfected upon arrival.
- All Guests will be required to hand sanitize upon arrival and during their stay.
- Social distancing will be in effect, signage displayed at the entrance and reception.
- All bed linen and towelling are changed upon request and is washed at a high temperature in accordance with latest guidelines.
- Extra pillows and blankets stored in guest room wardrobes have been removed, but available on request.
- Daily turndown service is available at the guests’ request.
- We are not operating a minibar service; however, a selection of items is available upon request.
- Tea and coffee making facilities have been removed from the room but can be provided on request.
- Key Touch Points including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, taps, bed side tables and lamps, light switches, HVAC control panels, electronic safes, hairdryers, and flooring.
- The nearest pharmacy is Zetler Pharmacy, which is 1km away.
- The nearest private hospital is Cape Town Mediclinic which is 850meters.
Please contact the General Manager – Annamieke.
Guests can obtain a test by contacting the General Manager for a call-out fee of R800, with the test costing R850.
If required, guests may quarantine in their bedroom after consulting with the local authorities.